Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Did It!

What can I say...I did it! It was everything I expected it to be and more. My brother and sis-in law were so awesome. They had made me a T-Shirt that said "My Very First Race" with my name, date, and place of the race. There shirts said "Team Anna" and "Her Very First Race". It was a hot day out in the Bakersfield bluffs. There were about 75-100 runners. The first 1/2 mile was up and down some foothills and the the next mile was STRAIGHT UP HILL. I really didn't think I was going to be able to do it, although we run hills here a lot, but not for a straight mile. Then the course turned around for the second half. They even had a water station at the top of the hill. How cool is that? I never get water handed to me when I run at home. I have to say it was a little frustrating when I would finally pass a walker and then they would run up and pass me. I'm a little embarrassed to publicly announce my time but I will say I ran the ENTIRE thing and I did finish. My sister Emily was there the whole time cheering me on and Molly & Scott showed up for my run across the finish line. I still have a ways to go but I am proud of my accomplishments and where I have come from. I feel like I am in the best shape of my life. Now if I can just stay motivated. A big thank you to Sherod and Emily for organizing that highlight of my trip to Bakersfield. They made my T-Shirt, paid for the race and then took me out to dinner afterwards. Love ya guys!

Side note: There were insane guys who finished that race in around 13 +/- min.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go!!! I am to chicken to actually enter a race :) I think finishing and actually running the entire race is something to be very proud of!

13 MINUTES!!!! Are they insane?

E said...

Good job! I love that sibling support.

Emily said...

It was a great moment for me too!! Thanks for letting me share it with you!

Kati said...

YAH for you!!!!!
Congrats!

Amy Coontz said...

As far as I am concerned you are totally AWESOME!!! I don't even like to "run" to the store!!
Amy

Memzy said...

No thanks needed. It was so much fun to do it and to see you succeed. Now it will have to be a tradition, with others involved!

homegirl said...

Awesome job Anna! When is the next race? I'm kinda crazy and I like to run for the free t-shirt!

Hot Pants said...

I am so impressed. I especially loved the shirts.

ManicMandee said...

You are awesome! I am so glad it was a great experience for you. I wish I could have been there.

jenn said...

Way to go, Anna! I'm so impressed and excited for you. What a great family you have.

Crazycozartclan said...

Wow! I am totally proud of you. I'm not much of a runner! I blame it on my little short legs. Congrats!!!!

Cristin said...

GRATS!!!! Your awesome and you seriously make me want to start running...I can't believe I just said that but it's true!

Kris said...

Great Job Anna. I bet it feels great to meet your goal and get it accomplished. Glad you had a great time.

cbonitab said...

Holy Tamoly I love the Blog. Great Pics!

Eliza said...

Congrats on the race. I'm so impressed. I honestly can't imagine what that would feel like. Way to go!!

Jessica said...

What a fun blog about your amazing accomplishment! You've added yet another thing to your list of "hard things" conquered:)
Will you race again? I think Kati needs a push to join one. We've got the shoes... Jess
P.S. Thanks for the wedding photos. I'm so glad I got to see Molly's big day.