Monday, February 2, 2009

Bragging Rights!

Have I ever mentioned what studs my boys are? Of course I have and I'm sorry for bragging...again, but I just can't resist. This weekend we went up to the Utah State Folkstyle Wrestling Championships with Brigg(14) & Hayden(11). They have been training 4hrs. a day 4+ days a week for this sport. This was Brigg's 9th year of wreslting & Hayden's 6th year. I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of these boys. I truly believe wrestling is one of the most physically & emotionally demanding sports. These boys leave their blood, sweat & sometimes tears out on the mat when they wrestle. This sport is not for woosies, and woosies these boys are not. They have both took Local, State, Regional & National medals home. 2 weeks ago Hayden brought home a 1st place medal from a National Tournament and this weekened they both took 3rd in State (Brigg out of 11 Boys, Hayden out of 23 Boys.) They each ONLY lost 1 match, and they were as close as you can get matches. To say I am proud of these boys would be an understatement. Of course they wouldn't be the athlete's they are without the hours of work their Dad puts into their training. This will be Brigg's last year as a "Kid" wrestler. He is now ready for the Big League/High School. Boy is that going to be fun to watch.


Is this kid ripped or what?

Las Vegas Nationals 2004



Hayden's 1st year wrestling 2002


He likes the "Mean" look obviously.
Brigg Reno Nationals 2002


Brigg's 1st Tournament age 5 2000


Look at that chest!


The softer side of wrestling. They actually tried killing eachother on the mat.

18 comments:

Pearl Girl said...

Bragging is the whole point of blogs ya know. Good for them!!!

E said...

You definitely have the right to brag. I'm impressed that you have kept them in one sport for so long.

Memzy said...

Any mom and family that sacrifices THAT much time for a sport deserves bragging rights. Way to go gize!!!

Unknown said...

Bragging is totally okay!! You should brag, way to go boys -- you made you mom proud!!

Hazel said...

Wow, I don't know how you do it. I remember when my brother was in wrestling, and I cried at his match and had to leave because it was too violent for me. I am a wussy.

ManicMandee said...

You should have mentioned how Brigg broke some kid's arm and Hayden knocked another kid out cold.

Yeah, I'm proud too.

Unknown said...

I have to agree, Wrestling is one of the most rigorous and physically demanding sports out there. You should be proud!

homegirl said...

Your boys are not only ripped but pretty cute too! I'm sure the girls are hot on their trails. I have heard wrestling is one of the toughest sports out there, so go ahead and brag away cuz they rock!!

Hot Pants said...

Ever since you guys were here for the break, Calvin has been OBSESSED with doing push ups and sit ups. All because of Hayden and his ripped muscles. Every week Dwight gets with the boys and has them make a list of goals for the week. Calvin's are always how many push ups and sit ups he's going to do for the week. I think he needs to pick up his game though, if he wants to look anywhere near as buff as your boys.

Emily said...

Your boys are total studs! I loved seeing all the old pictures of them through the years. I miss those boys!

Kris said...

These boys are so cute in their wrestling outfits. Glad they are doing so well! How fun!

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Petersen Kids said...

Of course you should brag about them! I love to hear about wrestling, and I would love to see it! Good for them, it's a lot of hard work. I'm proud of them!

Sarah said...

They are sooo cute! Its so cool they have something they love to do and they get to do it with their Dad!

jenn said...

Brag away. You have every right! Congratulations boys!

Hazel said...

If you really want those eyelashes, I can walk you through it, or I will totally do it for you the next time I see you. It is so much fun. I just did my other sister, and they look pretty real.

Vegas Family said...

Brigg looks like he's sporting a six pack. Brag away they seem worthy of it!

Hayden B said...

It was my 7th year wrestling mom!!!!!!!