Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Guess What I Did...Again!



Since the kids didn't have school yesterday and I have been dying to go skiing again we packed the kids in the car and took off up to Alta for there "Free" skiing. Trent was so great and offered to go up and help me with the kids even though he wasn't going to be skiing. ( He is self-employed after all and any kind of injury would...well you know put us out of an income.) I couldn't have done it without him.


These 2 (Blythe & Hayden) took off with it and ended up having a great day. Hayden wouldn't even wait around for me to give him the few (and I mean very few) pointers I had. He is a natural at everything he does. He even said at the end of the day he was ready to trade his snowboard in for some skis. Blythe had a little rough go of it but she stuck with it and with the help of my "Own Personal Ski Instructor" aka Markie she even went up the chair lift and down 2x's. If it wasn't for Markie putting the fear of "running into a tree" she could have kept going...she says.




These 2 (Micah & Tucker) on the other hand had a pretty rough go of it. Tucker said and I quote "I suck at skiing!" Micah kept trying and trying and trying but finally gave up after about 2 hrs. I was proud of him for sticking with it that long. He did say however he wanted to give it another try someday. Maybe Markie will be willing to come up with us again next month and spend a little time with him. I promise he won't scream at you like Blythe did.



Brigg was our "Party Pooper" and wouldn't come with us. I think his exact words were he "Would rather cut off his pinkie toe than go skiing and be cold." WHATEVER! Next time we are making him go.

16 comments:

Memzy said...

I have to agree with Brigg on this one. However you all look VERY cute in your ski gear!!!

ManicMandee said...

I didn't know how much Brigg and I had in common. Wow.

But you got my interest piqued. I think I'll try it. Some day.

Hazel said...

Where can i find a Mark? And I absolutely love that picture of Blythe. She looks so happy to be there. Skiing always looks so fun when you are looking at it in pictures with the heater cranked.

Unknown said...

The only time I went skiing was a christmas gift from a guy I was dating. I spent most of the day on the bunny hill with a very cute ski instructer. It was like two dates in one! :) And even though I dispise the cold, I think I would be willing to take another crack at it.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous!! I haven't had a chance to go this year and I miss it!! maybe next year when I don't own two houses it will fit into the budget a little better:) Great photos!

Pearl Girl said...

That looks so fun. It reminds me and Jeff took EMily skiing, she was so funny and just went STRAIGHT down the mountain we kept yelling slow down, but she was too freaked out and said I can't as she wooshed by.

Markie23 said...

Blythe was the bravest skier I have ever seen, and would have had a much easier time of it, if I wasn't constantly trying to slow her down. But she was scaring the CRAP out of me! I swear she was heading for a group of trees at about 25mph and for a moment I didn't think I was going to be able to catch her and stop her in time. Next time I am bringing a harness and leash.

Emily said...

Yeah, my first experience skiing was pretty scary. I remember saying the most fervent, frantic prayer as I flew down the mountain. "Please don't let me die...!"

Glad you had fun and your kids look so cute in their snow gear. COLD, but cute!

E said...

Hey, it's pretty cool that you found a new hobby. And it's a perfect one for a Utahian. Blythe is so stinkin cute!

Amy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! Blythe is a brave girl and she looks very cute in that beanie.

Vegas Family said...

Looks like fun. My kids love to go to Brian Head snow boarding. Good times.

Anonymous said...

This looks fun and all that jazz but there is one thing I need clarified ... Brigg is shaving??? That is insane!

jenn said...

Skiing twice? You are a true-blue Utah girl now. :)

Looks like lots of fun.

Lynt said...

This is awesome! I'm so proud of you!

Caleb said...

That sounds fun but that's pretty much blown out of the water here in AZ. Let Brigg know I have a blog because he never goes on his....

Anna D. said...

Someday I'll make it skiing. Maybe next year... It looks like you all had so much fun. Love all of the pics!