Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm A Winner!

Thanks to Memzy I spent the last 12 weeks participating and hosting a Fitness Challenge. It was a team challenge and my BFF/Partner Anna D.& I (also known as "Team Anna")spent 12 weeks exercising 6 days a week for 60 min. +/-, eating 5 servings of fruit & vegetables a day, drinking 42 ounces of water a day, and other various challenges, all for POINTS. After the 12 weeks the team with the most points and the single individual with the most points won a cash prize. And you guessed it "TEAM ANNA" took the team prize. It was one of the hardest things I have done but also one of the most rewarding.


Even though I may look like this:




I feel like this (My good friend Starla).

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5310274633931641730" />

I really do feel like more than anything I have gotten stronger and in a good routine of working out. I can't say I'm going to miss all the vegetables & water drinking but I will definitely keep the workout schedule going (back off to maybe 5 days a week.) Thanks Memzy for the idea and push. Thanks to Manic Mandy for getting pregnant (she would have won.) Thanks Anna D. for being the best partner I could have EVER had.

Now I'm off to spend my $100 on something I don't really need but want.

13 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Congrats. What are you gonna buy?
And you're right, if I hadn't gotten pregnant I would have totally beat you. It wasn't really hard.

Emily said...

Actually, I might have won if I had kept better track ( just for the record). I'm pretty sure I lost the most weight. I'm really glad you and Anna won cuz I know how hard you worked and cuz I love you and cuz you deserve to buy something you don't really need. Good job.

jenn said...

A big congratulations to the two Anna's!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I'd love to look like that skinny kid! Congrats on the win! I can promise you I couldn't do it. The working out yes. The veggies and water? No.

Unknown said...

Way to go!! That is pretty dan gimpressive! Have fun spending the money and I am so glad you are not going to be all frugal and logical about it :)

Hazel said...

What? One hundred real dollars? That is motivation. Let me guess, the real reward is how you feel?

Jessica said...

A. Way to go! Nice reward too.
and B. Glad you don't look like Starla. I mean what does that girl put in her body??!

Hot Pants said...

Well, I know if I had done it, you would have still beat me. It didn't sound easy to me. Congrats on your hard work. Sometimes wanting something is the same as needing something. Have fun spending.

E said...

Hey, I think that's a pretty big accomplishment! Good for you. I think you should by yourself a metal or a plaque that says you kicked A.

Memzy said...

Why on earth is your site not showing up on my reader? I've been DYING to know the results!!!!

Fer super duh you WON. I knew you would. And you deserve that frivolous thing. I think you should make a post about what you bought. Plus that plaque Jenny is talking about.

Anna D. said...

Yeah Team Anna!!! Let's be realistic... even if Manic Mandee would've stayed in the competition... we were unstoppable!!! Thanks for being the best!!!

eekareek said...

Good job. Starla is hot.

Markie23 said...

Starla scares me... in a good way.