Monday, March 9, 2009

Bakersfield Weekend

2 weekends ago I got to go back to Bakersfield for a real quick but eventful weekend. Initially I was going back for the baby blessing of my brother's miracle baby Jesse. But while I was there I got to do so much more.



The blessing was so sweet and Tim did an amazing job. Him and Brenda are the sweetest parents I have ever seen. For those of my friends who don't know there story ask me sometime and I will give you more. This baby has been years in the making.

The first night we were there we had the treat of going to see my little brothers feature film debut, as a producer, editor and much more. I thought his part in the production was amazing. I definitely think he's got what it takes to do big things in the movie making industry. Let's just hope he doesn't forget all the little people (that's us) when he makes it big someday.

We also had my newly converted BIL's priesthood ordination. I was able to see all 7 of my brothers and sisters, my Mom & Dad, my in-laws, both my grandmas and grandpa, cousins and aunts and uncles and a few friends(all in 2 1/2 days time.) It was a great weekend and I owe it all to Trent and my parents for getting me there.

P.S. I got some In-n-Out,Trader Joes, Dewars & Roadhouse Grill (not to be mistaken for Texas Roadhouse) also. Can't get that in Utah. I didn't get the flu like EVERYONE else did. Lucky me!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a busy but great weekend!! It is so fun to have the family together. And total bonus not to get the flu either :)

ManicMandee said...

Oh man! I thought I was Jesse's favorite Aunt. Tim you're in trouble!
That was a fun weekend. Thanks for being my travel companion.

Hazel said...

I don't know the whole Jesse story. It is kind of like playing telephone, and by the time it gets to me...it doesn't make sense.

Glad you had such a great time. The best part is that you missed the flu. Your immunities confuse me though...I think you might be the culprit with your dormant virus's...

Memzy said...

Totally fun all around. To top it off you won that challenge! So sweet.

Markie23 said...

So wish I coulda been there. Glad you had lotsa fun.

E said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Jesse is so perfect-looking. Way cute.

Anna D. said...

How sweet is that baby?? You looked fabulous on the red carpet darling! I'm glad you had such a great time with your fam. I'm thinking since I have a fake cousin and all.... do you want to be my fake sister?? We could be like Anna the 1st and Anna the 2nd...

Amy said...

Looks like you had a very eventful weekend. Tim's baby is so cute. What a little blessing!!

jenn said...

Sounds like a lucky weekend indeed. Glad you had a good time.

Vegas Family said...

sounds like the perfect Vacation!

Ken-Ken said...

Hi aunt anna! you should see my blog at kennedyelise.blogspot.com!