Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Love Easter



There are so many reasons I love Easter. For the most part I can track them all back to my childhood (thanks Mom.) Lucky for me my Mom always new how to celebrate holidays, Easter included. As a kid we almost always took a fun family vacay during Spring Break. A lot of the time it included cousins, camping, beach, and tons of fun memories. We spent many spring breaks at Pismo, in fact that is where the above Easter picture was taken:1991. Yes, that would have made me an 18 year old in a white navy blue sailor dress. But guess what? I loved that dress and I loved the fact that my Mom had us all coordinated. I always looked forward to my new Easter dress and all the goodies that came along with it.

This morning my kids woke up to there Easter baskets full of candy and treats and a few of them had new outfits too. We even had a surprise Easter Egg hunt ready for them. I loved sitting in bed this morning listening to how happy they were to find there baskets filled. It just made me remember how much I loved Easter as a kid. Even my 14 year old was having a good time. I'm trying my best to carry on the tradition of wonderful memories of Easter for my kids. Tomorrow we head off to AZ to build some more fun filled memories with the Matson/Oakley cousins. Can't wait.

11 comments:

Kris said...

I had a dress like that back in 1991 too. It must've been the cool thing to wear. Sounds like you had a great childhood filled with many fond memories. Glad you had a fun Easter with your kids.

Emily said...

I have very fond memories of holidays growing up. Mom always did a good job of making things special and fun. I'm afraid I haven't done quite as good of a job with my own kids.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Hazel said...

Have fun in Arizona!

I don't really like Easter. I think it is the bad memories of real eggs, and stuff like that. Besides, I gained four pounds this last week. Yeah, Easter isn't my holiday.

Vegas Family said...

I love that photo!! Your mom looks fantastic for baby #8!!! She is the best celebrater I now.
Have a wonderful spring break and safe travels to you!

Elizabeth Bailey Waite said...

Thanks, Sweetie, for the kind comments on your childhood. That made me happy. I do love a reason, any reason, to celebrate. But look at the beautiful girls in that picture (plus one cute baby boy). That alone was worth celebrating! I love you, and am happy that you carry on great traditions. Have a fun time in AZ.

E said...

Ahoy! I love that picture and I love those dresses. I have fond memories of going to Pismo with my cousins too. ;)

jenn said...

Sounds perfect. Glad you had a wonderful Easter. Have fun in AZ.!

jenn said...

PS- I think you look fab in your sailor dress. You were one 18 year old hottie!

Jessica said...

Love the hair, dress and the giant bow! Boy they bring back some memories. Nautical was IN!

ManicMandee said...

Yep, Easter was always great growing up. I miss you!!!!