Sunday, October 4, 2009

St. George Marathon...Go Em!

I know what you're thinkin', "Where the crap has she been for the past 4 months? Oh, Now she wants us to look up her blog. Who does she think she is?" That's a whole different post in and of itself.






This past weekend me and my best frousin headed down to St. George to watch my sister Emily run in her very 1st Marathon.

Friday night we stayed in this really saweet motel in Cedar City.

Amy & I enjoying some Chips & Queso Chili's style. Obviously enjoying ourselves.









Luxury beds with mystery stains. Chewed up remote & Chair with more mystery stains.












Plugs pulled out from the wall.













(Don't be jealous. I only show you these pics so you can feel like you were right there with us.)







Sat. morning after a fabulous nights sleep we headed down to St. George to meet up with the rest of the crew that came down to support Emily. Including my G&G Waite, Jenny & Erin (Morgan Cuz's), Amanda & her Fam., My Dad, Teresa & her Fam (Waite Cousin), and Emily's Fam. We had quiet the crowd cheering her on.


































It was so fun to be there and watch her accomplish that amazing goal. I was so shocked to see how great she looked afterwards. Later we went to lunch and then back to Em's hotel so she could sit in the hot tub, shower and then went to eat some more.



















She lost s few toenails.
































Later that night we (Amy, Jenny, Erin &I) checked into another fabulous hotel, went to a movie with our other Bailey cousin Kerra who wasn't too cool to hang out with a bunch of old ladies and Amanda too. Em headed back to her hotel room to crash.
At least this hotel had a gorgeous view. The Lysol was provided by Amy.




















Sunday morning we rose from another awesome nights rest had breakfast with almost everyone before heading home.
Just a few of the interesting participants I was able to capture.
"Old Man" This guy was actually about 45 min. ahead of Em and he didn't seem to be struggling a bit. In his 70's I would guess. Wha?
"Emmanuel" Is what I called this guy.





























This chickee I believe ran the entire marathon backwards. WEIRDO!













The guy caring the balloons was a pace setter, come to find out.
Great Weekend!!! Way to go Em I couldn't be more proud of you.

13 comments:

Cristin said...

I'm so bummed I couldn't be there...well except maybe the hotel but I wish I was there to cheer on Emily!!! You have an awesome sister!

Memzy said...

What a cool experience I'm sure none of you will ever forget. More importantly one that brought you out of your blogging STUPOR!!!!

As I've said before, congrats to Em!!

ManicMandee said...

That was a blast! Are you sure Emmanuel isn't the guy that kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and is now on the run? Looks like him.

Emily looked awesome! So glad she gave us all an excuse to take that trip.

Sarah said...

So fun, Emily is awesome! Really backwards...crazy.

Teresa Johnson said...

It was great to see you after all these years! Next time you better holla at me in Cedar...I'm sure I can offer ya as little nicer place to stay! haha

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see all you guys and I got a fabulous camprock comforter to show for it all!

eekareek said...

Wish I could have been there (except for the hotel part). Looked like fun.

E said...

Eeek! That was fun. Emily made the whole marathon thing look easy. She is in shape! And I will treasure always the view from that hotel.

Hot Pants said...

I can't believe you got me to look at that toenail again. Did you notice a weird rash all over your body when you got home?

Hazel said...

Thank you for the hotel pictures. I am probably not going to ever leave my house, where I can identify the stains on the mattress and carpet. Emily looks so good. She is so pretty, 'cept for the toenail.

Emily said...

Thanks for coming out of your blogging funk for me! Well, at least that's what I'm going to tell myself.

It was so nice of you to come and I'm sure it gave my favorite frousins an even better excuse to come too.

Sorry I kept you all waiting so looong. Just call me slow poke.

Love ya sis.

cbonitab said...

How fun! I LOVE watching that marathon!!! LOVE it! it made me want to hear every single persons story. I'm glad you had fun!

jenn said...

A new blog post? Gasp! Woo-hoo.

Minus the totally ghetto hotels {exactly where did you find those joints?} it looks like a fantastic weekend!

Sisters, cousins, grandmas and grandpas....you just can't beat that.