Monday, March 8, 2010

On Behalf of the 5%

I'm pretty sure I know who that 5% was trying to keep me from ever blogging again (thank you to the other 95% who still believe in me)...
So as a tribute to one of my most favorite people, the one I have been spending the most time with lately, who I have come to love and respect even more than I ever thought I could...
(Brigg in his signature move of the season the "Figure Four")
In August I started my new job over at the new High School "Westlake" (sounds like a gang school huh?) in Saratoga as a finance secretary. I new it would be a great opportunity to be involved with Brigg and also nice to be earning a little extra money. Tucker started Kindergarten this year so that would have left me at home alone for part of the school day (I know, what was I thinkn'?). For the most part it has been working out pretty good leaving for work about an hour before the kids go to school and getting home from work a few minutes before they get home. (We have a very large killer guard dog at home if any of you predators were wondering.)

I really thought in the back of my mind that maybe Brigg wouldn't think it was so cool having his Mom working at his school, but I'm so glad I was totally wrong. He spends most of his free time eating, sleeping , doing homework, sluffing, and hanging out in MY office. For the most part I love it.

The thing that has been the most fun this year is being involved in the High School Wrestling Team/Booster President. I was able to go to every single one of Brigg's duals/tournaments. I only missed 1 match all season. I grew to love the boys on the team and really enjoyed the hours and hours of time I spent helping out the team. Brigg had a fantastic year, making it to State and placing in the Top 8. I couldn't have been any prouder of him. He ended the year as "Outstanding Wrestler of the Year" from the High School (as a freshman people!) We expect BIG things to come from this kid.


Westlake H.S. Wrestlers 2009-2010
I think Brigg has grown up so much over a period of a couple months. I have gained so much love and respect for him and how he has handled himself. He continues to do all he needs to do to keep up his grades, stay conditioned, and serve in his church duties. He's turning into a real "Man Child". Now if we could just get him to go to a dance...



(Brigg's on the end receiving 1st Place at Regions)

We did however have the opportunity to witness his "first kiss". He was being awarded 1st place at the Region Wrestling Tournament (a qualifier for Sectionals) and the cheerleader awarding him his medal plastered a big wet one on his cheek (and she was cute!)




(This isn't a good picture but it is all the proof I have, look close.)


















11 comments:

Hot Pants said...

I love his signature move! I can see how it would especially work for him if he had a big bowl of chili about 20 minutes before he used it. I'm so glad you're back! You'll have to let me know your secret to get you motivated. I could sure use it.

Cristin said...

YAY Brigg and that is AWESOME that you caught that kiss! woot!

Emily said...

I'd like to know who that 5% is so I can give them a piece of my mind.

I'm glad you are back and that you posted about Brigg. That boy is so awesome and you have every reason to be proud!!

Keep the posts coming!

eekareek said...

^^^I was in the 95%, I swear!
Glad your back. I love your kids and was totally able to see the girl kissing him although it took awhile to find.

ManicMandee said...

You have got one awesome kid there. Actually 5 of them, but Brigg is showing the others how to do it.
And who is this 5% you were talking about?

Keep blogging!

utmomof 5 said...

I would LOVE to have that kind of job!! Good for Brigg, he must have good parents :)

Keep on blogging!

Markie23 said...

It's great to see you posting again! Don't stop. And congrats to Brig. I would have done wrestling too if I had suspected it would lead to a kiss from a cheerleader.

Memzy said...

You're baaaaaaack!!!!

onceapickle said...

I am very envious of your job. If in 5 years Westlake is hiring, will you put in a good word for me? :)

Way to go, Brigg. Congratulations!

ps- I do not, however, like the influence your job has had on our girl time. Could we go to a movie soon or what?!?

Jenny ESP said...

Do mine eyes beseech me??? The beautiful disaster is back? I guess swine flu!

If I tilt my screen just right and squint my eyes, I can see that kiss. Thank you so much for posting it, at the risk of embarrassing Brigg. Cuz that's the true meaning of blogging.

Teresa Johnson said...

Yea, you're back! What a cool post! Sounds like you got a pretty cool kid too! Way to go to Brigg on the wrestling accomplishments!