Saturday, January 17, 2009

Guess What I Did?

 
Posted by Picasa


When we moved to Utah I really thought there was no way I would ever want to ski. Who cared if Utah had "The Greatest Snow On Earth". I didn't even want that on my licence plate. Growing up in California I was all about the sun and the beach. Who would have known all I had to do was have the right person, the perfect day, the guts to try it and I would be hooked. You Gize, Uncle Markie is so AWESOME! I can't believe how patient and nice he was to me. We spent about an hour on the "Bunny Slope", and I'm not sure why they call it that 'cause it aint' for no Bunnies. Anyway, after that we actually hit the slopes. Up at Alta where we went you can do the Bunny Slope for free and then at 3:00 they open up a chair lift for free so we hit that a couple of times and that's where Markie really earned his Brownie points. He literally had to pull me up like 20 times. I could NOT get up after falling over. I had such a great time and I can't wait to go back. I'm actually not as sore as I thought I would be this morning. Thanks Mark for the great time & thanks to Cherie for sharing him. Cherie actually got all my action shots so hopefully she'll share them with me, cause I'm sure they're hawt! You're the best Markie!

18 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Congrats Anna! I would love to see some of those action shots. So is this going to become a new hobby?

Kris said...

Skiing is so fun. It's been years since I've been. I'm glad that you had a great time! Oh and you probably aren't sore cuz you've been working out so much!!!

Hot Pants said...

You two look super cool. And I mean both kinds of cool, awesome and cold.

homegirl said...

How fun! Good for you for trying something new!

Memzy said...

Um I hate to ski. But cool for you. You look like a pro.

Unknown said...

Skiing is the only reason snow was created :)

eekareek said...

Good for you for trying. I still won't try. I am afraid of mountains.

Cristin said...

Awwww Markie is AWESOME!!!! Maybe he's what i need so I'll even have the desire to ski. I'm glad you had a good time!

Vegas Family said...

Good for you. That is awesome that you gave it a shot.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Awesome! I haven't skied since February 1998.

E said...

Lucky! If you come to LV, I'll take you roller skating. We have the best hardwood flooring here.

Emily said...

I'm so impressed! Way to go! How nice of Markie to take the time to teach you.

jenn said...

Fun! I haven't been skiing in years, but it is so great. Glad you gave it a try.

Unknown said...

You look like a professional! Uncle Mark ROCKS!

Hazel said...

That is so sweet of Mark. I never had a desire to ski before, but now that I see how caring, and unirritated Mark is about the whole thing, I kinda want to give it a shot.

Anna D. said...

You look hot in those snow pants!! I'm glad you had fun and I'm totally jealous! Let's go soon.

cbonitab said...

We should go night Skying, it's cheap, and very Chill... I love it!!! now your a pro you could show me some tricks.

Lynt said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! When are we going??? You know, I'm the ONLY skier in my family- everyone else snowboards! I'm serious! Forget lunch! We're hitting the slopes! It's my absolute favorite thing to do OF ALL TIME!!!