Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FRUSTRATION!



I don't know how else to sum up how I have been feeling about life lately then a single word...FRUSTRATION! I really feel like I have had nothing to blog about yet I feel that this may be the perfect outlet for to me just vent all my frustrations out into the WWW. I am hoping that by doing this maybe I can release all that negative energy and turn over a new leaf (ya right that's a whole load of psycho babble crap.) Anyhow, I am going to unload some of my frustrations so here goes. If you don't want to be totally irritated with me, this would be the point you hit your go back button and check some happy person's blog.


I'm going to number them for my own personal benefit. Let's hope I don't have to go past 10.


1. I'm frustrated I can't keep my house clean. It doesn't help I have 5 of the laziest kids to clean up after. Like my Dad use to call us kids growing up "You're all just a bunch of LAZY BOUNDERS." How many more weeks till school starts??????????

2. I'm frustrated I can't get through THE HOST. I've had this book since summer started and no matter what I do every time I sit down to read it I get interrupted, I get lost in the story, or I can't keep my eye's open. I've actually just finished another book I started after THE HOST and had no problem reading it. What is it with this book I can't through it?

3. I'm so frustrated (notice I added "so") that I have been working my butt off running, swimming, lifting weights, and I still have this badonkadonk butt. Oh, I guess that's because I haven't been working my butt off. But it feels like I have. Thanks to my most awesome work out buddy ever we have really been trying to get into shape, yet I'm NOT seeing the results like I think I should. Give me reason to keep going.

4. Being the Ward Choir Director is SOOOOOOOOOO frustrating. I don't even know what more to say about this except for that you are at the mercy of those who are willing to volunteer there time to come. For those of you who have been coming and run across this comment...Thank You!

5. I'm frustrated I can't get organized enough to make a menu, or a shopping list to go to the grocery store at the beginning of the week and have all the meals planned for the week. Why is it that every day around 3 pm I say to myself "What are we going to have for dinner today." Then I proceed to raid the cabinets and freezer before deciding I need to run to the store. UUHHGG!

6. GAS PRICES!!!

7. On a personal note I'm frustrated that I don't feel like I'm being the best Mom or Wife that I can. I read this really good book this week, and though it was very thought provoking it made me realize I need to be working harder each day to be a better person. There's NOTHING I can do about the people around me so what I really need to be doing is working on myself. WOW. That's a little too heavy.

8. I'm frustrated that I can't get all my old customers to pay up and that means if I want to see any of that money that I am going to have to get ugly and take them to court. WHATEVER!

9. I still need to sell my old work van.

10. I can't list a #10. That would really make me look like an ungrateful brat. I will end with say this...I have even more things to be grateful for. I'm just having a moment here. Soon to be followed up by a really good scream, then a deep breath, and then I should be ready to move on and do my best...right?

13 comments:

E said...

I understand all your frustrations. I feel like I'm running in slow motion sometimes.

If you had 5 kids who weren't lazy and a clean house, I would seriously hate you. (not really, but you know what I mean)

The Host is bogged down with lots of needless details. If you want to get through it faster, skim past those long paragraphs describing the wallpaper and the desert and stuff like that.

Unknown said...

Okay here is my help:
1. Nobody with 5 kids in the summer has a clean house!! This has nothing to do with you as a mother. Now if I could just take my own advice :)
2. The first half of the Host is so freaking boring I wanted to cry. I only got through it because I was on a train and had nothing else to do. You are not the only one struggling with that!!
3. I ran all of last summer and never lost a pound!! Not a single freaking pound!!! I sooooooo feel your pain!!!! This year I have lost about 3 pounds. I have no solution to your problem but just know I sooooo feel your pain!!!
4. I come to choir!!!! I have had your calling and it is so hard. I do not think anybody understands until they have been the choir director. I promise to try to convince Nathan to come. No promises -- he can be very stubborn. :)
5. I jsut did an entire post about this subject. Go back and read some of the ideas people left. Some of them are pretty good. Again, I think it is a summer thing. I do so much better with this when school is in.
6. Yesterday it took $87 to fill up Nathan's little car. I think I like that the pump shuts off at $100 so I do not actually see how much it takes to fill up my Yukon.
7. The link thing to see what book you were talking about didn't work so I am not sure which book it was. I have read a few times "Strangling your husband is not an option" by Merrilee Boyack. I really liked it and I didn't have the guilt factor when I was done reading it!!
8. Okay that really does suck and would totally frustrate me too.
9. If I needed a van I would buy it!! Does that help? :)

Now that I have written a novel in your comment section I will sign off!!! Feel better!! I think you are great!

ManicMandee said...

Kind of rude, but I am glad you are frustrated because it gave you something to post about and it made me laugh. I bet you read "The Holy Secret". So I take it you liked it. How about a review.
Good luck with all those crappy frustrations. I say "Amen" to them all.
I'll see you in just a couple of weeks!!!!

Crazycozartclan said...

Hang in there. I think all the moms around here are in the mid summer dumps. All of our houses are a mess. We all drive the big huge vans/cars because of all of our kids so gas just sucks. The Host just wasn't as good as a book as the other Stephanie Meyer's. (It does get better at the end.) Don't worry school starts soon and life will start to "settle" down again.

TimW8 said...

Hey Anna this is your lazy bounder bro Tim. I have some even more frustrating news. I stepped on the scale yesterday and was SHOCKED to see 299 lbs. Talk about frustration! Just be glad you are so thin and don't have to drag 300 pounds around.
p.s.
Our ward choir was disbanded because not enough would show up. Just an idea.

Cristin said...

(hugs) It must be something in the air...or maybe just summer but I'm totally feelin' your blog today. I'm there with you on the lazy kids, gas prices, grocery shopping, making dinner, last year I worked out so hard in hopes of losing weight...I gained 10lbs....I'm still crying over that one. Hang in there and honestly dump the book. You'll live if you never read it. Stephanie loves words even when she doesn't need so many of them. I've had to do that with a couple of books, when I see that it's more work to read it then to do laundry, make dinner or anything else then I dump it. Reading is suppose to be fun and relaxing not to add more frustration...just my humble opinion. :) I love ya and things will get better....like around September when the kids are in school.

Markie23 said...

I thought I heard a scream come from across the lake. Now I know the source.

p.s. our ward choir usually consists of about 5 members... I'm no expert, but I think that's called a quintet - not a choir.

Emily said...

I hear ya sis. I can definitely relate to #'s 1, 5 and 6. Hang in there! I wish we lived close so we could help each other. School will start soon!! Love you.

Kati said...

Okay, like Christina, I want to address each number.
#1...My house is such a mess that I don't even know where to start. My kids are the laziest sacks of crap ever. Unfortunately, my house isn't any cleaner when school starts.
#2...I read the first couple of chapters, and decided that all these Stephanie Meyer fans are up in the night. I couldn't even finish book #3 from the twilight series. Whiny A$$ Bella drove me to drink.
#3...I started to run and just told myself that it was not going to make me lose weight. I have come to terms with my own fat badonkadonk.
#4...I will try to see if I can come to choir. Just know that I am doing it for you. Let me know what time...and I will try to work something out. I may have to come every other week though. That is love. Serious love. I hate choir.
#5...I think the secret is with Karen Cozart. She does freezer meals. Let's seriously plan some. I think this will solve a huge issue for all of us. I have been the worst with meals this summer!!!
#6...I don't go anywhere. We just can't afford the gas prices. It is killing all of us...it sucks. Bad.
#7...I have to tell you that I really think we all feel like this. Just know that you are definitely NOT alone on this one.
#8...This part of business is my LEAST favorite part. I HATE HATE HATE having to collect money from people.
#9...I am sorry. Call it the time we are in. Seems like no body can sell anything these days. At least it isn't a house.
#10...You don't sound ungrateful to me. Sometimes it just feels good to get it out, get some encouragement, and know that hopefully things will look up soon.
love ya.
Kati

Memzy said...

I like her^^^

And the "frustrating" blog posts are sometimes the best. I guarantee everyone is glad to know it's not just them that feel that way. I know I do.

ps. i like tim's idea about choir.

Hot Pants said...

I took away ALL of my kids video games and have been making them do chores to earn money to buy them back, at retail price! Gas sucks, I feel trapped. I have gained 8 pounds so far this summer, and that is with paying a personal trainer.....he's fired. We've been eating a lot of sandwiches and "breakfast for dinner" meals. I HATE having to ask people to pay money they owe me. With my music lessons I started raising the price for every week late they pay me. It helped for the first couple months, now they just pay late with the fee.
BTW...I saw your butt at the wedding, and I think it looked great. I bet if Dwight had been with me he would have taken a few pictures!

homegirl said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Hopefully when school starts we can all get back into the swing of things!

ShelBailey said...

Wow, this all sounds so familiar!!!

I can't get into any of the Stephanie Meyer books, my house is nearly always messy and I only have one kid...and three messy adults (not including me), I hate the "what's for dinner" thing, so I'll try to post our favorite last minute meals, ward choir director is the most thankless job in the church next to Cub Scout leader and if I lose the same four pounds AGAIN, I'm gonna scream.

So, you're pretty much in the same boat as the rest of us. I happen to think you're beautiful and talented and I'm impressed with your running and fitness goals. (If I get on the exercise bike three times a week, it's a miracle.)