Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneer Day/ 5K Run

In Utah the 24th is a State holiday and therefore we make a big deal out of Pioneer Day! Our Ward sponsored a 5K walk/run this morning as part of our day long celebration. I had asked Hayden if he wanted to run it and he said "Yes" but he was afraid I would beat him and then he would really be "embarrassed." I took that as a complement! Anyway...HE TOTALLY KICKED MY BUTT!!!! I was so proud of him. He ran the entire way and came in 3rd overall, only losing to two older guys who are total runners. Anna D. & I ran a respectable race and came in 1st in the "Mom" category (Whatever that means.) We did get these really cool SOLID SILVER plated plastic medals. You'll have to check out Hayden's post on his Blog about his 1st 5K. I think that kid has a future in long distance running.
So I officially have 2 5K races under my belt which leads me to my next goal I would really like to accomplish. I am hoping by putting this out into the World Wide Blog World I can make this an official declaration. I AM GOING TO TRY AND GET OFF THE LIQUID CRACK I HAVE BEEN ON FOR YEARS AKA: DIET COKE. Can I make that any more bold? This does mean however I would like to replace it with something else. Any suggestions people, and don't give me that whole "Water is so good for you" CRAP. I'm not a big water drinker. So HELP, give me some suggestions, preferably nothing with artificial sweeteners.
Back to our Pioneer Day Celebration:
We had a nice bike parade, potluck at the Bishops house, followed by a miniature golf course throughout the neighborhood where our house was one of the lucky stops...NOT! We got asked the night before at 9:30 pm so our Hole was pretty much GHETTO! It started out looking like a garage sale in our front yard. Oh well, we got a nice plate of goodies from the Activities Committee as a "Thank You"! No, Thank You! Then I believe there was a nice Fireworks display down the street which I chose to pass on...duh! SYTYCD was on T.V. tonight. Anyway, all in all it was a nice day.

13 comments:

jenn said...

Happy Pioneer Day to you! Good job on the 5K...you two Anna's are my heroes.

I think the "ghetto" hole would have been my favorite. :)

SYTYCD rocks! I say we have a big season finale party...you in?

Shed said...

NICE RUNNING SHIRT!

Memzy said...

Saweet. Keep it up lady. Run Anna Run.

ManicMandee said...

I am so excited to race Hayden. Good job both of you! Can't wait to have some running buddies.

KunaBoy said...

Try Fiji brand bottled water. It's the best water in the world, different from all others.

Cristin said...

Grats on your race!

My only advice is to have a really busy week so you don't have time to think about how much you want to drink and make sure you have plenty of tylenol for those lovely caffeine headaches. BUT then again maybe you shouldn't take my advice since I'm still drinking my liquid crack.

TimW8 said...

Pickle Juice

Unknown said...

I so wanted to run in that 5K! Stupid gymnastics for stephanie!! Hayden would have kicked my butt too! :)

Got nothing for you on the liqued crap. I have made it my goal in life to never get addicted to the stuff. Good Luck though -- you will feel a ton better when you do!!

Kris said...

Way to go Anna. Looks like fun. I love the idea of having a Progressive Golf Course. Sounds so cute. Glad you guys had a great celebration yesterday!

Emily said...

Go Hayden!! That boy would never let his Mama win! Sounds like you had a great day!

E said...

Congrats! We have a 5K race tomorrow for our Pioneer day. Anthony wanted to run it, but has to work.

As a replacement for Diet Coke, Amy drinks this stuff called Zip Fizz. They sell it in cases at Costco. It's in a powder form, in these skinny tubes, and you pour one tube into a bottled water and shake it up. I've tried it--it's good and it gives you a get-up-and-go without the bad stuff that's in Diet Coke. They have several flavors. I would buy it more often, but we rarely go to Costco.

Kati said...

Great job on the 5K! I was going to do it, but my bed just felt too great that morning...

I LOVED Hayden's post. Just the laugh I needed tonight.

As far as the "liquid crack"? I got nothing for ya. I am addicted to a different one. ((PEPSI)) I am not quite ready to give that up. Yet. Try cutting back, don't go cold turkey. That would suck. Big time.

You are awesome.

Jessica said...

I could have a squirt of water in my lime juice and be just fine. (Maybe 4 or 5 wedges of lime make it nice.) But I must say my personal fave bottled brand is Olympus water. It's Utah's and is amazing.
Your race looked fun- Keep up the amazing work!