Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Look What I Did Today

There's More Where That Came From
So, for a long time I have given Trent a really hard time about ALL the trees in our yard. (He is boarder-line obsessive about trees.) There are many who refer to him as a "conservative tree-hugger." Anyway, my point is that I try not to complain anymore. Especially since I have been able to make my favorite Apricot Jam.
This is a picture of the largest of Trent's many Apricot trees in our backyard(maybe 3 years old). He is very proud of his orchard and if you're ever over to our house I dare you to try and get out of a "Tree Tour" from Trent. It is very sweet to see him and the kids out picking fruit together. I'm sure many life lessons will be taught while picking fruit through the years.


Sorry honey for giving you such a hard time about your trees. Thanks to you we are going to have our year supply of Apricot Jam this year.

11 comments:

Kris said...

That jam looks yummy. I just made strawberry jam yesterday. I love this season of making homemade goodness. Love the tree!

E said...

I'm jealous! We had a peach tree that did very well this year (only it's second year) but we couldn't keep these weird bugs off the tree and they contaminated most of the fruit. I need a lesson from Trent.

Memzy said...

So, technically, if I weren't a tree hugger, how could I get a tree hugger to plant some trees for me next time he is in town?

Cristin said...

YUM apricot jam! I wish we had apricot trees, it's hard to find a place that grow them around here.

Emily said...

Good job! The birds ate EVERY SINGLE apricot off our tree this year. Seriously, we didn't get one single piece and it was LOADED. How does Trent keep the birds off? We did get some peaches this year, but the birds got about half of them and, like Jenny we had weird bugs all over it too.

jenn said...

I'll take two, please! Yum.

Hot Pants said...

I got a tree tour the year before last, but I'm sure I need an updated one now. Costco had fruit trees for $9 a couple months ago. Did Trent get in on any of that?

cbonitab said...

Yum! I can't wait to eat it!

you need to come down and see the abode...

Markie23 said...

Mmmm, send over some of that yummy stuff!

Amber Waite said...

Yum! That sounds so good. I have never been good at that kind of stuff but I've always tried. I just inherited a whole backyard of grapes, some citrus trees, an apricot tree and a nut tree. Next time you guys come out Trent will have to give me a lesson.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna- this is Amanda's friend Dana. I was wondering if you could tell her to call or email me so we can help them unpack I don't know her cell so I am trying to stalk her down through you. I was thinking they were supposed to be here today anyway my email is danaholcomb@hotmail.com. Thanks Dana
ps- I think we are totally neighbors!
pps-Your kids are super cute!