Friday, August 1, 2008

My Local Hoodlum

I am so ready for school to start. I have really done well
this summer for the exception of this last week. I
can't take another second of the fighting, the begging,
the disobedience, the hunting down kids, finding
Popsicle sticks everywhere, cleaning up after EVERYONE
ALL DAY LONG, having to fix 3 meals a day, neighborhood
kids (sorry friends I do love you), no bed time, the flies
from the doors being left open, being a cruise director,
the snack shacks, and now this little hoodlum getting
into my garage and tagging the dryer with BLACK
spray paint. Granted that dryer has been in our
garage for almost 3 years, but I was getting ready to list
it on KSL. Now What???? I could have just strangled
him. He's so lucky he didn't tag the new freezer
sitting next to it. Then there might have been
blood shed. I NEED A DIET COKE so bad. It has
been 8 days off the stuff and today is the 1st day

I have really felt like that is the only thing that would make me feel better at this point. Good thing Anna D. has offered to be my 12 step sponsor and has talked me out of it for now. What would I do without her? I am very proud of myself for making it this far.






These days when I punish this little hoodlum he runs into the other room and cries "I'm stupid, I'm a loosah (loser)." It takes all the self control I have to say "You are stupid and a loosah." I love this face he makes.
He will actually go to a real preschool this year and I can't wait. Last year he went to our little Co-op preschool and though it was fun I am looking forward to not having to teach and him actually getting some real school time. Next year he will be off to Kindergarten and I won't know what to do with myself. Until then...I CAN'T WAIT FOR SCHOOL TO START!!!! Can I get some "AMENS" out there.






11 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sorry, but I got a REALLY good laugh out of this one!! I can totally hear Tuck in my head saying, "I'm a loosah." Thanks for the laugh.

I'm with you on your lists of reasons for school to start. Lucky for me, it's next week!!! Hang in there. I'm proud of you quitting the liquid crack. You are a better person than me! I'm afraid I would need a 12 step program or shock therapy or something...

Memzy said...

There is no way I'm quiting Diet sodas. Did I make myself clear on that?

Tuck is not "a loosah". But I would be pizzed if that happened to me fer rizzles.

Kris said...

I feel your pain. My little guy (2 1/2) has been a monster too. I loved your list of everything that you are sick of. Everything that I'm feeling too. The picture of Tucker looks like he's getting to fight. I would've died with the spray paint. Oh, I can't imagine. Good luck til school starts. I have 26 days.

Unknown said...

Oh my that is BAD!!! I am so sorry -- what a little stink butt!

If it makes you feel any better I hate my kids snack shack as much as you do!!!

AMEN sista!!

Shed said...

Amen

Hot Pants said...

He is the cutest hoodlum I have ever seen. Spray paint on a dryer is almost as cute as scratching the alphabet in a brand new truck. I have scared off most of our neighborhood kids.....don't talk back to mrs. Thurston. It's been a nice quiet summer aound here. (And I quit buying the popsicles)

SAS said...

Anna, you make me laugh! That little loosah is the cutest thing!

E said...

Stray paint the whole thing black. That's what I'd do to my kid... I mean, to my dryer. Summer's almost over, hang-in there!

Eliza said...

I've been away from my computer for a week so I've missed a ton of your posts... I need to organize my comments:

1. Mama Mia!!!! LOVED IT!!

2. I have no comment about running...

3. I'm totally with you on school starting. I can't wait!! I know this means that I also have to go back to work but that's a small price to pay.

Crazycozartclan said...

AMEN!!!! I think there is special paint for the washer and dryers. Check it out. It may be worth it. Having been in the co-op with you last year I totally know what you mean about getting some real school time in.

I wonder if there is any room left in the class all the little guys are in. I have Dylan enrolled somewhere else and he is a little less than thrilled. Do you still know the #?

homegirl said...

You are so funny but all I can say is... he's dang cute!