Saturday, August 16, 2008

Final Countdown!!!



I know many of you may not be on the same page as me but...I CAN"T WAIT FOR SCHOOL TO START!!!! Every summer I tell myself I am going to do my best to enjoy a nice summer with my 5 wonderful children but then...

I actually did really well this summer up until a few weeks ago. I know I have already complained in previous posts but can I just say how HAPPY I am that school is starting Monday. A few weeks ago Blythe asked if I would make her a countdown calender for when school starts and I said "Would I ?!" She was tired of asking me and I was tired of telling her, not that I wasn't fully aware of when school was starting.

Thursday we met the kids teachers and visited there classrooms. The kids seemed excited. Brigg of course had no desire to go to his "Back To School Night". He is so pubescent (a entire of post of it's own.)

So tonight will be school hair cuts, Sunday will be Father's blessings, and Monday will be the best day of the year...Breakfast Anyone???? We are celebrating the first day of school by going to breakfast at IHOP in Lehi at 9:00am. Anyone and everyone is invited. My kids think I'm the meanest Mom for being so excited for them to go back to school. Little do they know I am on the verge of homicide and there lives are being spared.

It will be just Tuck and I for a few weeks and then he will start PreSchool.


Top 10 Things I am Looking Forward To When School Starts


1. My house to stay cleaner longer than 1 hour.

2. Not feeding my kids lunch.

3. 9pm bedtime.

4. FREE TIME!

5. No more in and out, in and out, in and out ALL DAY LONG!!

6. No more snack shacks (No offense Christina T. and Salinas)

7. No more 24/7 snack time.

8. A SCHEDULE!

9. 4 kids in ALL day school.

10. Mom & Tucker time.


Top 10 Things I'm NOT Looking Forward to About School Starting


1. Homework, Homework, Homework

2. Reading Time

3. Morning Rush

4. Kids calling from school because they forgot something.

5. Bedtime Rush

6. 'A' Track early morning schedule

7. School friend DRAMA

8. Scheduling every ones after school activities

9. Keeping track of every ones school stuff & NAGGING!

10. It only lasts till the end of May....just kidding!

9 comments:

E said...

I do get excited for "back to school" time--it reminds me of my "back to school" days--but my life is way less hectic during the summer. I'm not ready for school to start yet! We only have one week left.

Kris said...

Anna, you are freaking hilarious. I'm laughing out loud at this post. I totally want to copy your idea of going to IHOP for breakfast. That's awesome. Love your Top 10 Lists, and can totally relate. Thanks for the laugh and enjoy next week.

Cristin said...

LOL summer is rough on parents! I'm actually getting excited to have one less kid at home during the day..it makes such a huge difference. I am not excited about making sure he's up/dressed/fed before having to leave for school, but I know it'll be worth it. :) we still have 2 weeks left.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about school and summer. They both have pros and cons.

I will so try to make it to breakfast but I think I won't be back in time. Have enough fun for me :)

I am not offended --don't worry :)

Eden said...

I agree 100%. And I will definitely be at IHOP Monday. PARTY!!!

Memzy said...

I am really excited for school to start too! But next summer just be a mean mommy like me-- bedtime whenever I SAY, even if it IS summer. That is what keeps me sane.

hooray for school!

Emily said...

How are you even gonna sleep tonight?? I am so excited for you! Have fun at your breakfast party!!

KunaBoy said...

Brings back memories of Panorama days. Hang in there and have a "rooty-tooty-fresh-n-frooty" for me.

Markie23 said...

I'm very bummed I missed the get-together last week. Thanks for thinking of me though. Maybe next time.
Hope you get to enjoy some peace and quiet time this week!