Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Friends

I have been meaning to blog about this for awhile, hence the old picture.

Disclaimer: This may sound sappy to many of you, sorry.

Moving from California to Utah was one of the hardest things I have done, in so many ways. It was not a smooth transition for our family. Trent was not able to find a job, it was the first time we had ever not lived close to family, we were in another state which felt like a different planet and most of all I was lonely. I can't believe we have officially lived here 3 years (as of Aug. 24th.)

At the beginning of the year I had made a decision that this was going to be the best year EVER. Despite a huge disappointment in a failed business venture, which we need not go into anymore detail, this has been a great year.

In Feb. a friend/acquaintance of mine had asked me, or I asked her, whatever, if I would start running with her. Despite my lack of energy and enthusiasm one of the best things that has happened to me since we moved to Utah accrued, I made a FRIEND.

Definition:
friend (frend) n. 1. a person whom one knows well and is fond of; close acquaintance 2. ally 3. a supporter or sympathizer 4. reliable 5. to act as a friend to, befriend...ANNA D.

Anna D., yes we have the same name how cool is that, has become one of the dearest friends I have ever had. Is that sappy enough for you? I can't even begin to explain how much this has meant to me over the past few months. It has literally been years since I have felt the kind of kinship I have felt with her. We have so much fun together and I cherish our friendship more than she may ever know. If someone asked me "Who's your BFF, besides your Husband of course, who would it be?" Duh? No pressure Anna D. I know how wildly popular you are and there is no need to reciprocate...But I know who you would rather hang out with...RIGHT!

She has helped me to come out of my cave and has even shared many of her friends with me, because she has so many to share. I truly feel that she cares about me and would do anything she could for me. I think she loves me. Isn't that what a friend is all about?

So the point of this post is this: I have a great friend who I have appreciated her service and kindness towards me. Thank you for reciprocating the love. Thank you for making this a great year. Thank you for being my friend. You're awesome!

Side note: If you end up moving...Yes, I will stalk you.

16 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you have such a great friend. That sure makes life so much better! Thanks Anna D. for taking care of my sis. She may be your BFF, but I'm your BSF, right?

Pearl Girl said...

That is so cool. I know exactly what you mean. Friends are so important especially when you live away from family.

E said...

Not sappy at all! I'm glad you found a bosom buddy. In my adult life, it seems like most of my BFFs have been my sisters. How boring is that? But maybe I'll move away from family and need a closer friend someday.

As far as the question you left on my blog--I guess since I'm not offended when anyone blows-off my book club with silly excuses, you shouldn't be offended that we didn't wait. Especially since I offered to postpone the meeting, and not you or anyone else took me up on the offer. I completely understand that reading isn't everyone's favorite past times, and you have other hobbies to pursue like being BFF with Anna D., so don't ever feel pressure to join us. However, I'll hold out hope that you'll join us in reading Lord of Hissy Fit--next month's book selection.

Cristin said...

It can be so hard to make new friends as we get older especially after moving. I'm so glad you were able to find your BFF. That is so awesome! Your both lucky!

Just as a side note, my best friend from 8th grade till marriage is named Krysten. There's something special about being friends with someone with the same name. :)

Kris said...

I'm so glad that you have a real friend that you can count on. It's always scary to move to a new place and when someone befriends you, it really does make a huge difference. Hooray for great friends.

Unknown said...

Yea for Anna!! She is fab, who wouldn't want to be her friend? :) Love the picture!!

E said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I am SO humbled right now. Please forgive me!!!!!! I somehow missed your comment! How did that happen? You probably thought I was the biggest JERK for doing it without you! And I just reread my "just joking" comment above and realized I might have come across as dead serious...

"I guess since I'm not offended when anyone blows-off my book club with silly excuses, you shouldn't be offended that we didn't wait" <--sounds super snobby, not how I meant it, cuz I never knew you had asked me to wait, but, yes, you should be very offended by that.

Believe me, I was desperate for a bigger group to join us (us, meaning me and Cristin) this time, and I totally wanted to push it back a week in hopes that more people would play along! I thought NOBODY had taken me up on my offer, and I didn't want to make anyone feel obligated to participate (especially if "oops, didn't have time to finish" was their way of backing out politely), so I just left it.

Again, I am so sorry! Especially since it was so freaking fantastically entertaining!!!!! But it's not too late! Post a review of it once you finish, cuz we HAVE to know all your brilliant thoughts.

Hot Pants said...

I would be happy if that particular book review continued on for the next couple of weeks. I have not laughed so hard, and everytime I think it can't possibly continue to be funny.....it is.
I am glad you have a BFF, and a little jealous as well. I guess I'll just have to settle for BCF.

Hot Pants said...

I just tried to snoop onto Anna D's blog, to see how she reciprocated, and to stalk her, only to find she is private!!!!

Anna D. said...

Well my dearest FRIEND! I'm very flattered that you consider me to be one of your nearest and dearest friends! I totally feel the same way and I'm just sorry that I missed out on the first two years you were here. I think we both know why I didn't get to know you for sooo long:) But THANK YOU for the awesome post. You totally embarrassed me. (But in a good way.) And I'm so glad that you keep producing all of these fantastic pictures of me...:) But seriously, I truly believe we will be life long friends and I'm very grateful for your friendship and all of the service you do for me. Which could actually be its own post. K, I'm going to go now before this comment could get any more mushy! Love Ya Lots!!

Kindred Spirits,
Anna D.

Hazel said...

Oh man, I was just about to ask you if you would be my BFF.
Anyways...

ManicMandee said...

Glad Anna is such a good friend to you. She's a great person!

Memzy said...

SRSLY. Anna is a good name for a reason, no?

Shed said...

Nice running shirt..and friend.

jenn said...

That Anna D. is a keeper! She too has made my move to Jacobs Ranch so much more bearable. I'm so lucky to have her as a friend.

molly said...

I am sooooo jealous!!! And no way Mimi! I am totally BSF! I need a best friend :(. I miss you sis. I am happy for you..super jealous, but happy.