Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And the Winner Is...


This was us last night at Brigg's Championship Football Game. It was so friggen' cold. Yes, it snowed. They played a great game against Lindon, but unfortunately it wasn't enough 41-22 was the final score. Brigg had a great season (thanks to a kid breaking his arm in the 2nd game.) There final winning record was 7-3. This was Brigg's 4th tackle football year going to the Championships and not winning :..( Maybe next year, right?
Hayden's team this year not so good. Winning record 1-7. At least they won 1. (And it was a great win!)
A few things I learned this Football Season:
1. Don't EVER talk to your kid on the side lines. He will ALWAYS think you are the most annoying Mom ever.
2. Carpools are awesome! 3 boys playing football 6 days a week at 3 different fields and 3 games a week at 3 different places...Yay that was MY life.
3. 5 smelly teenage boys+in a car on the way home from football= WINDOWS DOWN!
4. Being Team Mom Rocks!
5. Football equipment needs it's own closet.
6. There is life after Football... it's called Wrestling & Basketball.
Can't wait for next year!

12 comments:

ManicMandee said...

That photo was awesome! Great job Brigg. Sorry you didn't win. I'm rooting for next year.

Crazycozartclan said...

You are such a GREAT mom. I love that you are so involved in the kids teams (an love it might I add) I think I will be involved too maybe just love it a little less. : )

Laurel said...

I don't know how you do it all. And you're the school's choir director? *bowing in honor*

Unknown said...

Great photo!! Sorry about the loss, that is a stinky way to end the season. Oh and sooooo a big amen to reason #5!! I hate tripping over it!

Kris said...

I can't believe he played in the snow. Brrrr. I bet you are glad the season is over. Have fun with Wrestling and Basketball.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Yay for football in the snow! I've never played it in the snow but that looks kinda fun... if I were a teenage boy... so nevermind. That looks torturous.

At least basketball & wrestling are inside, right?

Memzy said...

I love football in the snow. If I'm watching it from a place of warmth with some hot chocolate. But that is a way cool picture!

Emily said...

I can't believe the snow!!! Give Brigg a high five from me. That boy is awesome. I hope you are feeling better now:)

Petersen Kids said...

That was a great picture. Way to go Brigg! It looks freezing, good job on your motherly dedication! That might not have made sense, but you know what I mean!

Anna D. said...

It looks like you froze your butt off. Congratulations Brigg for making it to the Championship! You inspire me!

p.s. yeah, I'm ready to work out.... but will it ever work out?? hee hee

Vegas Family said...

I cant beleive you already have snow. Did you snow on Halloween?

I do enjoy watching kids play sports. Don't have any football players that sounds a little scarey to watch.

Go Brigg!

jenn said...

So fun! Good job boys.

What a great Mom you are. Carpooling is a full-time job.