Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!



This was some video I took of Blythe's Kindergarten Thanksgiving program. (She's the one beating the drum in the back row on the end who drops her drum.) You read right...here in Utah they still let the kids dress up like Indians (not Native Americans) and Pilgrim's and perform ritual dances and songs on the school stage for their parents. It was actually a very cute and tastefully done program.



What the Butler's are thankful for this Thanksgiving.(I asked the kids to tell me few things they were thankful for this is what I got unrehearsed.)



Anna-"I'm thankful for so many things this year but mostly for my Family, the Gospel, our Health, Home and for Trent who has been able to support our family through self-employment for the past 2 years."



Trent-"I'm thankful for my beautiful wife and my dog Sunny."(A man of many words, but good taste.)



Brigg-"I'm thankful for my Mom, food and books...and my looks."



Hayden-"I'm thankful for food, T.V., and the Patriots" (A very shallow child.)



Micah-"I'm thankful for shelter, the Navy, food and vehicles." (I'm not sure where that came from but again that's Micah.)



Blythe-"I'm thankful for my Mom and my family."



Tucker-"I'm fankful for my famawee."(Translation FAMILY)



We want to wish Grandma Bailey a Happy Birthday today. We love you and miss you very much and hope you have wonderful birthday today with lots of food and family. Thank you for being such an example to us.

9 comments:

TimW8 said...

What a beautiful lady that Grandma Bailey IS!

ManicMandee said...

Another great post. That was fun to see Blythe in her performance.

Hot Pants said...

She is a beautiful lady. I think I look alot like her.....so I have been told.

Hot Pants said...

Oh wait, that wasn't grandma I was told I look like. It was the lady from Golden Girls, the tall one that never gets the guy. And it was Erin who told me that. Rude huh? She also used to think your mom looked like Madonna.

Kris said...

Cute Post Anna. Your family has some great things to be thankful for! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

E said...

That was cute!

Elizabeth Bailey Waite said...

Thanks for the sweet tribute to Grandma, Annie!! I showed it to her and she was touched. So Amy, are you saying I don't look like Madonna? I'm crushed!!

Amber Waite said...

That was such a cute post! Blythe is such a cutie and she recovered very well too.

Emily said...

I loved that video! I miss my Blythie! Loved this post!! I miss you and wish you were here!