Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm Going Back to Cali

I am so sick of this freaking cold weather I feel like I can't stand it one more second. Thursday I am leaving for sunny and warm California. My father-in-law is receiving a scouting award and they are having a special awards ceremony for him on Friday so what better excuse do I have then to head to Bakersfield for the event. I can't wait! It's going to be a little hard getting away. There are always a million things going on that I am going to miss, especially this weekend, but I am out of here. I'm going to take the 3 younger ones with me and head out. It's been about a year since I have been back home for a visit and I'm looking forward to it even though it will be short. I wish I could say I was going somewhere fun and exotic but I am desperate and Bakersfield will work for now. Trent says we have to have the winters in Utah to enjoy the other 3 wonderful seasons. I say snow+freezing temperatures for weeks at a time=HELL! See ya...

12 comments:

Emily said...

No fair!

Vegas Family said...

Get-a-ways are always fun, no matter how short. Enjoy every minute of it!

Memzy said...

Bakersfield loves you. We are excited to see you guys!

Shed said...

I'm excited also. Bring your swim suit. Not fo swimming but for the Annual Bailey Mud Wrastle.

Cristin said...

I'll take your snow and you can have my rain and month long gray sky. Have fun in Cali!

Hot Pants said...

Ever since I lived in Canada, the winters in Idaho just seem so mild. I might even call it balmy. I think I will wear capri's tomorrow. Have fun in Bakersfield.

E said...

Thanks for reminding me that I don't want to move to any place where it snows. Every once and awhile I think maybe... but no, I don't think so.

Markie23 said...

Weather Wimp!

jenn said...

Have fun! A little sunshine right about now sounds simply heavenly.

Kornie Pie said...

I'LL MISS YOU CHICK! HAVE FUN IN CALI!

P.S. Thank you for making me the Grilled Cheese sandwhich. It was amazing! loved it!

Mary said...

I'm ready for sunny Cali myself, but on the news this morning they showed hundreds of people stranded on the Grapevine due to a terrible SNOW storm! They were freezing, just like us!!

molly said...

Yayyers!!!!!!!

Love you you creepy church directory stalker person!