Monday, February 25, 2008

Dentist,Concert, & Food Poisoning

Last week was actually another great week, with the exception of the food poisoning I got Saturday night at McGrath's Fish House. What sucked the most about that whole deal was the $95 we spent taking out a business associate and his wife who are not the greatest company to say the least. So the food was bad, the company was bad, we spent a lot, and then I was sick ALL night.

So back to my good week...Monday the kids were out of school so we got the house clean and then went to the $1 theater for some Veggie Tales with popcorn, soda & candy +++Mom Points. Tuesday I took Blythe & Tucker to the pool for the first time in months. They had a really good time and I enjoyed visiting with a couple of friends. There was hardly anyone there and again +++ Mom Points. Later that day I went to my new Dentist who I really like and had a cleaning and check up. Can you say "NO CAVITIES"? I was really happy and I got a free T-Shirt. I'm now in the Tuffy Tooth Club! Thursday I went to Micah's Cub Scouts to learn how to make Won Tons for their Blue & Gold this Friday, +++Mom Points.

I finished all my V.T. for the month, took a family dinner, went to lunch at Cafe Rio with a good friend, watched a ton of American Idol, had a yummy brunch/chat with my Fantastic V.T., went to a awesome concert with Trent, and enjoyed some semi decent weather.

Now just a few comments on the concert. I love Peter Breinholt and I got an email about a concert he was doing at UVSC. Trent was so sweet and offered to go with me. What sealed the deal for me was that Sam Payne was opening for him. He is so good and I absolutely enjoyed the entire concert. It was a small venue and almost entirely unplugged. It was just one of those "Feel Good" concerts. I also picked up Sam Payne's new CD that won't even be out till April, $5 what a deal. (He says Hi, Sherod.)

We watched "The Secret" last night and I'm definitely going to keep this positive thinking going. Brigg taped a piece of paper to our ceiling that says $1,000,000. Big thinker huh?

SPELL CHECK WORKS AGAIN!!!! (The Secret works.)


I forgot to mention something BIG... I repaired our Dishwasher last week all on my own. As you can tell I am still very proud of myself.

15 comments:

Crazycozartclan said...

Yeah for good weeks! I am glad you had a good one. Sounds fun to me. Congrats on all the bonus mom points too. Send some positivity my way

Kris said...

I'm impressed that you fixed the dishwasher. That deserves some major celebration!

Anna D. said...

Look at you go! Man I've got a lot of work to do... Hope this week continues to be another great one!

Anna D.

Emily said...

Wow, a lot has happened. Good-and bad. Bummer about the food poisoning and waste of money. Atleast you didn't have to hire someone to fix your dishwasher, right?

Memzy said...

The silver lining with food poisoning is always a few poundages lost, right?

Where can I sign up for this mom points of which you speak?

Eliza said...

Sounds like a fab week. I struggle with my spell checker on Blogger too (it's not working right now). What did you do to get it working? I have never read or watched the Secret but I have a secret for you... I have NEVER fixed anything in my life and I am totally impressed that you did. Way to go!!! Also I totally had a flashback from my
Bakersfield College days and if I am not mistake I believe you might be married to the brother of a college friend. Is Ceri your sister in law? I totally hung out with her. If I'm wrong then forget what I mentioned it.

Eliza said...

Apparently I not only need spell check I also need english check... pretend my last comment made sense.

Vegas Family said...

Impressed on the dishwasher repair.


I love a week full of accomplishments. The only frustrating part is no matter how much I get accomplished off my list each week I seem to have just as long of list the next week :0(

I watched The Secret as well. I have put my thoughts for a million bucks out to the universe and am waiting for my check.

Memzy said...

Wait, there is a MOVIE the secret?

eekareek said...

Glad you had a good week. There was a lot of ++++++++++++ mom points, so thats nice.

Markie23 said...

Our Mormon boy from Murry is doing awesome on American Idol!! Can't wait to see how the Mormon girl does tonight. She has some tougher competition to deal with.

Markie23 said...

By the way, can come over and fix our shower - Re-Bath of Utah wants about $6,000 for the job.

Shed said...

Sam Payne should not only say hi to me, he owes me $5. Maybe he can just send me his new CD.

Shed said...

I forgot, you're a crappy mom. Score a few more mom points and then you'll be alright.

Unknown said...

I love Peter Brienholt!! I am soooo jealous you saw him in concert!! Call me next time so Trent doesn't have to go with you.
I also have been trying to be a more postivie thinker, I really think it makes a difference. Hope you have another great week!!

Christina