Wednesday, February 27, 2008

6 going on 16






Yesterday I made Blythe (6) change her shoes before I walked her to the bus stop. She was wearing a pair of shoes that were way to big for her and had no back on them, which is against school rules. She liked them though, because they were new and they had a bit of a heal on them and I think she felt grown-up in them. But when she walked in them she looked ridiculous. Today when I was cleaning out her backpack, from school yesterday, I found tucked inside her backpack the pair of shoes I had sent her to school in. That little stinker went to school and then changed her shoes when she got there. That's something I did in HIGH SCHOOL!! What the heck! I guess I have to start checking her back pack BEFORE she goes to school. The scary thing is I know this is just a taste of what is to come with this little darling. Thanks for keeping me on my toes Blythe. Someone must have known what they were doing when they only sent me 1 girl.

17 comments:

Shed said...

Blythe has a bright future ahead of her. Has she figured out how to take off the "mouth apparatus" yet?

Memzy said...

It might be because she is wearing makeup, but that's just me. ::snicker::

Unknown said...

Good luck with that one!!

Christina

Kati said...

Laughing. Laughing. Still laughing.
Although,
I won't be laughing in a few years when my one and only darling daughter does the same thing...
Ryan told me this afternoon that I just HAD to walk him to the bus stop because Blythe's mom did the day before. So...give yourself some more "mom points"!!!!
Kati

Vegas Family said...

That's funny! It's so much fun to have a girly girl who loves to be beautiful.

eekareek said...

She is so cute!

Cristin said...

Your in trouble! Good Luck, that's all I can say...Good Luck!

Crazycozartclan said...

So funny! Don't feel too bad. My 1year old will throw a HUGE fit if I put the wrong shoes on. I mean it. She knows if she wants to wear sneakers, slip ons crocks etc. She will SCREAM until you finally get the right ones! Sigh... I am moving out when my girls are teenagers

ManicMandee said...

Blythe is so much fun. I love her stories. I love and miss you all so much. How is her thumb sucking appliance going?

Emily said...

Why does that not surprise me?? That's my kinda girl!

Hot Pants said...

Poor Blythe, she is running out of hiding places for things. You have already discovered the croch of her pants is where she keeps her make-up, and now this backpack discovery.

E said...

She is SO cute! That is hilarious, but I have a feeling it won't be so hilarious when she's a teenager and hiding a boy in her backpack.

molly said...

Oh yeah!!! We already knew she was going to be a wild child, I mean who the heck stuffs make-up in their leotard crotch when they are three?!!?!? Go read my latest awesomeness!!!!

Eliza said...

can't....stop....laughing. I love it. What a little sneak. This of course is nothing that my sweet 6 year old daughter would do I only caught her with my mascara in her backpack. They start too young don't they.

Hayden B said...

MOM you need more then just a backpack check.

jenn said...

Oh that cracks me up! Love it when our kids do things that we used to do and it ticks us off...paybacks. Ouch.

As a side note, Luke insists on wearing Olivia's shoes all the time. I wonder where that's going to get me?!

Lynt said...

Okay, 3 things:

1~ I can show Blythe how to make false bottoms for her drawers and purses!

2~ I'm home from Vegas~ I need blog help! When can you all come for dinner and blog fixing?

3~ I tagged you for a game. You can get the information from my blog under, "A Game for Jess."