Friday, March 14, 2008

Gratitude

This week we have had some sad news in our family and it got me thinking again about all the things I should be grateful for. I have been meaning to do this for awhile. It is so easy for me to dwell on all the things that are going wrong in my life instead of all the blessings I have. So hear goes in no particular order...
My wonderful husband who works so hard each and every day to provide for me and our family. I have NEVER had to worry about him not having the motivation to take care of us financially.
My 5 healthy, beautiful, and smart kids. We have never had a kid in the hospital, stitches, or a broken bone.(Knock on wood.)
A beautiful home in a beautiful neighborhood.
The truthfulness of the Gospel.
Living in the greatest country in the world and enjoying all of its FREEDOMS!
Brothers and Sisters who I consider my BFF's. I like all their spouses a lot too.
There are countless things I am grateful for. Just having the opportunity to spell them out makes me GRATEFUL.

13 comments:

Emily said...

We really do have so much to be grateful for. So much of being happy depends on our ability to be grateful for all that we have. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I agree complety with all of the things on you list. I could just about cut and paste it on to my blog and call it good. Except the broken bone thing -- Stephanie ended that streak for us. :)

You are right we need to be more grateful. I forget all the good things we have because we have them. Thanks for the reminder.


Christina

Vegas Family said...

There are lots of blessing that come with life that make other things seem not so bad. I appreciate mine too!

Pearl Girl said...

Great list. Doesn't is feel good to putit on paper and acknowlege them sometimes.

Kris said...

I find myself doing the same thing, when it comes to being grateful. It takes someone else's heart ache, for me to realize how blessed I am. Your family is in my prayers and I hope things get better. Thanks for sharing your list.

Shed said...

I love you too sis.

Eliza said...

I love your list and the idea of putting it all down. I have to add that for me I am also so grateful for this little blogging community. I love that I have been able to reconnect with so many awesome people. I love the support and encouragement that everyone gives each other. Thanks for reminding me of all of my blessings!

jenn said...

We really are so blessed and have so much to ge thankful for. It's always nice to stop and think about it too. Thanks for the reminder.

Hope everything is okay with your family. Take care.

Jenn

Memzy said...

You forgot chocolate covered almonds.

Lynt said...

You're so great! Thanks for all your help on my blog, the great chat, your awesome example, and your friendship. You're pretty great! Hope you all can come over this weekend??? Let me know!

Cristin said...

I love your grateful list! I need to look at my own more often.

Lynt said...

You need a new post.

Anna D. said...

That's really deep Anna. Kudos! What am I grateful for? You! My favorite running partner! Don't let Jess see this... just kidding. You know I love ya both!
Anna