Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Believe It Or Not!

My entire life I have never been able to run. I hated even the thought of having to run for any reason. When I was in school and we had to "Run" the mile for our yearly physical fitness test I would always try and run the first lap and then after failing that I would just walk the rest of the way. I also always thought that I wasn't even physically capable of running. Then I turned 35 and certain parts of my body started heading south. I also couldn't fit in most of my clothes even though I hadn't really gained weight. I had a couple of siblings (you know who you are) who made me feel that if I just gave running a try I could do it and might even enjoy doing it. Then finally I had a friend ( you know who you are) who convinced me I could do it and she would even do it with me. So about 4 weeks ago we started this great training program . I can't say that I love running but I do love the sense of accomplishment I feel after I have ran. I never thought I would be able to run more than 60 sec. and now I am doing much more than that. Thanks to all my inspirations and to my awesome running partner. I am proof that anyone can do it. Sherod you can wet yourself now!

14 comments:

Memzy said...

I made him put on his adult diaper before he read your post. Problem solved.

Congrats on the accomplishment. Anyone can do it and watch out cuz you'll become an addict.

E said...

I feel weaker than Mr. Burns just reading this.

Kris said...

Having a friend to train with, makes all the difference. Good Job Anna. Keep up the good work!

emily w. said...

I know exactly how you feel. I ran a mile straight for the first time since high school a couple weeks ago and was amazed that I could do it. Keep up the hard work. I need to get back out there as well. Thanks for the reminder.

Emily said...

I'm so proud!!! Now my butt will definitely be saggier than yours! Dang.

Anna D. said...

You are doing awesome!! Pretty soon you'll be kicking my butt! (which wouldn't be hard to do..)

Cristin said...

Grats! I'm a running hater too but I desperately want to like it. I guess I'll have to find someone to run with, maybe that was why I never liked it...but probably not.

Cristin said...

Grats! I'm a running hater too but I desperately want to like it. I guess I'll have to find someone to run with, maybe that was why I never liked it...but probably not.

Eliza said...

Hmmm... I would love to leave some inspiring message about me and some kind of physical goal I have achieved BUT unless blogging is infact a sport I can't.

At one point I had a woman at work try to talk me into walking with her during our lunch break. She is all skinny and sporty so she sizes me up and then asks me, "are you a good walker?" I wasn't sure what she meant. I mean I've been walking now for a good 31 years. I don't fall very often so I answered "Yes I'm a good walker."

I had no idea there was walking and then there was 'WALKING'. Apparently I'm not a good 'WALKER'.

eekareek said...

Every morning set my alarm clock to get up and go running but every morning I snooze through my running time. Someday, someday....

Pearl Girl said...

I am very envious! I hope to someday be like you too.

Hot Pants said...

One time I tried to run. It only lasted a couple of weeks. Someday I may try it again. If I do, I will be sure to call you for some tips.

Shed said...

Oh I not only wet myself, I also pooped a little. I knew you had it in you. Amanda is a running fool who is faster than I'll ever be. I know dad has some running blood in him. Several years ago I convinced him to start running with me. It only last a couple weeks but dad could always keep up and endure. So, when are we all going to register and run in a race together?

jenn said...

Way to go! I'm so impressed. Keep up the great work.