Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Best Vacation Ever


I'm going to do this post it 2 parts, because it won't let me upload all my pictures.
DAY 1 : We woke up at 3 am Monday morning and headed for Bryce Canyon. Trent wanted to get there early since we were only spending 1 day there. We got very lucky and got an awesome camp site with a really cool hike overlooking the Canyon behind our campsite. We went on a really nice hike, "Navajo Loop" that took us down into the canyon. It was a little muddy in spots and the kids all managed to be covered in red mud when we got back to camp. The kids loved doing the Jr. Ranger program and getting there badges. Trent also started his nightly story telling tradition. We saw lots of beautiful blue birds. The weather was a little chilly but we had a great time. I have to say that Bryce was my favorite of the canyons to look at and explore. I definitely want to go back some day. (Pictures 1-4)
Day 2 & 3: We left for Zion around 8am on Tuesday. It was a really pretty drive up to the Canyon. You go through a really cool tunnel and the view was really nice. We had another nice campsite near the Visitor Center and shuttle bus stop. After setting up camp we took the shuttle for a ride and took a couple of nice hikes. One was the "Weeping Rock/Hanging Garden". It was so cool to see water coming out of this random rock with green plant life hanging around it. Then we went up to the last stop the shuttle makes and took a nice hike up to the river where we met up with crazy squirrels that were very friendly to say the least. There were signs everywhere saying "Do Not Feed The Wildlife Fine $100". That did NOT stop Trent. I had this horrible feeling we were going to get back to the shuttle and there were going to be Park Rangers waiting for Trent with handcuffs. The next day I woke up with a horrible headache. Trent took the 3 older boys up to "Angle's Landing" for a 5 mile 1200ft incline hike. They had a great time and I took the 2 younger ones into the little town for some lunch and sight seeing. The next day week woke up early, packed up and headed for the "Grand Canyon".


6 comments:

cbonitab said...

very cool. I loved living so close to all the canyons and stuff when i was going to school down there. It is so beautiful! You missed out- angels landing is an AWESOME hike!

I'm glad you guys had fun... I'm very glad your back. I missed you all so very much!

Love you!

Crazycozartclan said...

Yeah!!! That looked like so much fun. I love camping. My husband on the other hand, not so much. I'll just live vicariously through you guys! Glad you had fun

Kati said...

How fun. Glad you had such a fabulous spring break!

ManicMandee said...

The pictures and commentery were great. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could have been there! Still running Anna?

Emily said...

Those pictures are great! I especially love the first one of Blythe. We had so much fun with you guys and I hate that it's over!

Unknown said...

I love southern utah!! There is some really pretty canyons and such there. It has been too long since we hav been there. Glad you had fun!!