Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Warning: May contain sexual content.

True Story. Tucker is obsessed with pets. It could be ants, rolly pollies, fish, or tonight it was hermit crabs. He lost his pet caterpillar today and was asking me tonight if he could get a new pet caterpillar. I was watching my ever important reality T.V. and didn't want to be bothered so I said "Yes". Then he asked "Can I have a hermit crab?" Again, I said "Yes". After much excitement and informing all the kids he was getting a hermit crab he climbed back up on my lap and asked, "Do pets come with erections?" Of course I paused my ever so important reality T.V. at this time, and asked him "What did you say?" He repeated himself again, "Do pets come with erections?" By this time Brigg's ears perked up in the next room. Without bursting out in laughter I asked Tucker "What are erections?" He said, "You know, those papers that come with your pet and tell you what to do." We were worried that when we named him "Tucker" he was going to have problems with his T's. Little did we know it was going to be his D's.

22 comments:

SAS said...

Because you made me laugh so hard, I thought I should tell you sometimes I stalk your blog--You crack me up! We have many a similiar story at our house involving the pronunciation of words. We're such bad parents, we've even had them repeat it over just to laugh again!

Kris said...

This was funny! Thanks for the laugh!

eekareek said...

Did you get him the hermit crab?

Kornie Pie said...

Your totally fine Anna! But Thanks so much for saying that. I really appreciate it! :) but that Tucker man...what a kidd...so hilarious. haha well...i hope you have a fabulous day! Thanks for all you do!

Hot Pants said...

That's why I try not to watch my shows until the kids are in bed. I hate it when I have to pause something.

Unknown said...

LOL!! Kids keep us on our toes!

Crazycozartclan said...

I guess I should say sorry since he got the catterpillar at my house anyway! The other boys were SOoooooo sad that there were no more catipillars to find. Tell him he needs to keep looking for his next pet.

Markie23 said...

We bought 2 guinea pigs once. They told us they were both females, but unfortunately one of them came with "directions".

Shed said...

So that is what an erection is?

Eliza said...

Anna you crack me up!! You have given me the courage to post a funny family story on my blog too. You will have to look for it later.

Shed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Memzy said...

Tuck Tuck!!! He's the maaaaan.

Or your kid could come running out to the kitchen in the morning yelling excitedly, "There's an arrow in my pants!"

Cristin said...

LOL...lol....lol....lol I'm going to be giggling about that all evening. LOL

Emily said...

Thanks for the laugh!! I love that boy!! **ONE MORE WEEK**

ManicMandee said...

He is so funny! Are you getting him a hermit crab now?

Memzy said...

This site makes me feel dirty.

Shed said...

You are dirty. A dirty little girl.

Eliza said...

Wow not only did you add my sister to your list of friends, she gets top billing. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

cbonitab said...

Did tucker go with hayden to his "talk" a school the other day?

jenn said...

Thanks so much for the laugh...I needed it today! Kids are seriously the best.

Anna D. said...

That still makes me laugh. I love the things kids say!