Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Part 2 Grand Canyon






Thursday morning we woke up early and headed out from Zion to Grand Canyon. Driving up on the Grand Canyon was very cool. What a site! The first day we just set up camp and took a shuttle out to one of the points for a sunset view. Friday the Matsons showed up around lunchtime and the PAR-TAY began. Watching the kids with their cousins was so much fun. It was a perfect ending to our most fabulous vacation. On Saturday, Trent, Rob and the 4 older boys took a hike down the Canyon and left Emily and I at camp with 6 kids. You do the math. We did have a couple of nice drives into the near by town 10 min. away (trying to kill some time.) We did have a air mattress malfunction that I fixed on my own, after having 2 very uncomfortable nights. The food the entire week was great. The weather was a little unseasonably cold but still better than it was at home. We brought plenty of dirt home and it took me 2 days to get through all the laundry and unpacking. Thanks again to the Matson's for meeting up with us. I have to rate this vacation a big fat 10. You can't beat camping when it comes to spending quality time with the fam.

*If you look at the first 2 pictures I posted you will notice they are Before & After pictures of Tucker picking his nose and then inspecting it.

14 comments:

Kris said...

Classic pictures. I love it. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love all the dirty faces and nose picking! It's perfect.

Emily said...

Those first two pictures of Tucker are hilarious!! Good memories...

Unknown said...

What would a vacation be without nose picking pictures and really dirty kids?

Good times. :)

Eliza said...

You almost make me want to consider camping with my family... almost.

Hot Pants said...

The best time to pick a nose is when it is full of dirt.

E said...

You make camping look fun! I know it's not, though.

Pearl Girl said...

awesome pics. Totally reminds me how scared of heights I am, but makes me want to go camping.

Memzy said...

Glad you committed to the dirt. Nose picking is rad. I wish we could have joined in that fun. It looked like a great memory in the making.

Anna D. said...

Are all those kids yours?? Glad you had a great time on your vacation!!

Shed said...

Tucker looks great! It must have been something else to get a "10." That is a dream vacation.

jenn said...

I'm so glad you had such a great vacation! Makes me want to go camping.

Memzy said...

new post please

Emily said...

Ok Anna! We all know you went to the grand canyon. Time for a new post. How about that video of Blythe?

Memzy said...

All this posting from you is making my head spin. Slow down a bit.......I can't keep up.......pleae..........stop........no really.