Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Love This Kid

Last night after Family Prayer I reminded
the kids I was leaving on Wed. and wouldn't be back till Monday. I told Brigg he was going to have to be in charge while Dad is gone and take good care of the kids. ::Flash forward to this morning::
Brigg asked me if we had enough Milk in the fridge to last them till I got back, or was he going to have to get Milk. I wasn't sure what he was asking but I assured him we had plenty of Milk in the fridge, 4 Gallons to be exact. ::Flash forward to Brigg missing the bus to school (2nd time this year):: So I drove him to school. As we were driving he asked me "How should I get us to church on Sunday?" I said "Wha?"
Apparently since last night he has thought this entire time that Trent & I were both going out of town and leaving him in charge for 5 days with ALL the kids. After trying to contain myself I explained to him that "No , honey...I'M leaving town. DAD will still be around, just at work during the day." I asked him why he didn't ask me why I was leaving him with ALL the kids ALONE! I asked him if he was a little scared thinking about being in charge like that. In his pubescent way he said "Ya, a little." I should have also asked him if he really thought I was that kind of Mom???? (I probably don't want the answer to that.)
I'm so proud of him that he was actually going to step up to the challenge and do what he thought he had to do and actually try and take all the kids to church on Sunday, REALLY? Man he can be such an awesome kid!
I'm off to Arizona to have some time with ALL of my AMAZING sista's. And don't worry...Trent WILL be home with the kids.

15 comments:

E said...

That's kind of sad, in a sweet way. What a good kid. Have fun in Arizona! I'm sure it's nice and warm there.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing ever. What a good guy!

Hazel said...

This is you chance. He is up for it, take advantage.
Have a good time in AZ. I have a sister in Gilbert. Wave for me as you drive by.

Kris said...

Have a great time with Emily and the others. How exciting for all of you. Your little man over there sounds like he's ready for the challenge. How cool that he was and is willing to help.

Pearl Girl said...

ohh what a sweetie, I totally got a tear. I hope my boys will be like that when I up and leave them someday. Have a fun trip.

Memzy said...

Can Brigg come live with me and watch my kids?

Hot Pants said...

It's like that story about the little boy who was asked to donate blood for his sister. After it was all done, he asked how much longer until he died. Brigg was willing to give his life for you to go out of town. Or at least any kind of a life while he baby sat all weekend. That's a good kid!

Hot Pants said...

I'm going to use this in my next talk for sure!

Anonymous said...

He has turned into a very handsome boy! Is he available?? Maddie is single....is that incest? Maybe?

Laurel said...

That left me misty-eyed. What a sweetheart.

Amy said...

Brigg is really growing up fast. He is a very cute boy. Sisters are great. Have fun in AZ.

Petersen Kids said...

That is so funny he actually though you would do that. I have to admit that story got me all emotional. He is darling, and I can't believe he didn't even whine. He's definately a keeper! Have fun in AZ.!

Anna D. said...

I'm so jealous that you get to be in the warm AZ sun! What a great kid that Brigg is. I hope that you have a great time and thanks for the cookie! It was delicious!

ManicMandee said...

Brigg is so cool. love that kid. love being here in arizona with you.

Anonymous said...

When did he get so handsome? He has always been cute, but man is he ever growing up!