Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"PeeSchool"

Today was TuckMan's 1st day of "PeeSchool." He was so excited. He had his backpack on and was ready to go an hour before carpool. I was excited for him too. This was his first REAL preschool experience. I have to admit that I actually felt a little tinge of emotion when he left. It was time for him to be gone though. After spending ALL summer with the big kids and not having to be stuck at home with me and running errands all day he was ready to go off and enjoy a little bit of the big kid life. Since school started for the other kids he has not been happy with me. Because of my insane schedule in the afternoon I have to run all my errands in the morning and Tucker has NOT been liking it. He was getting to where when I would say the "E" word he would start listing his demands and threats. Our conversations would go something like this.

Me: "Okay Tuck it's time to get ready and go run some errands."

T: "WHAT? I don't want to go. I'm staying here."

Me: "No, you have to go. I can't just leave you here. Some BAD guy might come and get you."

T: "Okay, fine but you have to buy me some candy."

Me: "No, I'm not going to buy you candy and you better hurry up or you're not going to get to play with Deklin later." (Deklin is his BFF.)

T: " Okay then, I'm gonna get lost."

Me: " Oh ya, well maybe the policeman will find you and put you in jail."

T: "You're the meanest Mom EVER."

Me: "Oh ya."

T: " I think I will just jump out of the car when you're driving."

Me: "Okay you do that, now come on we have to go." (Note to self: CHILD LOCK)

Now I can just go run my errands while he is at preschool and don't have to worry about buying him candy, losing him in the store, or him attempting to jump out of the car. What a little stinker. He does have his moments though.



22 comments:

Cristin said...

Look at that smile!!! i love it and I'm happy for you that you don't have to have any kids when you go run errands, that should cut your errand time in half at least...well it does for me anyway. :)

Shed said...

1) What exactly do they teach at "Pee-School"? How to properly pull down, aim, and fire? How to lift the lid with one hand and hold with the other? Maybe learn the "no-hander"?

2) Deklin? Give me those parent's names so I can call CPS.

Memzy said...

What is your crazy afternoon schedule all about? Please do tell.

And have I told you how much I luvers me some Tuck with short hair? LOVE.

Have fun on errand time.

Mandi said...

My kids are the SAME Way...they hate errands. Yeah for preschool!!!

Kris said...

Super cute kid. I love the conversation. That just makes me laugh. Glad he's got his turn to go to school.

Bev Richins said...

Anna, I seriously think you are the most hilarious person I have ever met!!! Your kids are so funny!! Good LUCK!!!

Unknown said...

Yea for time ALONE!!! I am super jealous. Tiffany has been driving me crazy since the big kids started school. That and watching a lot fo TV. :)

Hot Pants said...

I think buying the kid candy is the least you could do to thank him for acompanying you on your errands. Who wouldn't want to hang out with that guy alone all day?

E said...

Daily errands? I agree with Tuck, that sucks! The only way I'd do that is if I could go through a drive thru and buy a Diet Coke (adult version of candy). Congrats on have some free time, though!

Petersen Kids said...

Little Tucker looks so cute on his first day! As far as the candy goes though, I'm proud of you. Really sticking to your guns! I am the worst, I get so flustered when we are out running errands that I'll do about anything to get them to behave. Oh it never works though. Blythe looks so cute without those teeth.

Hazel said...

I have this fantasy about a day when I can run errands all alone. Preschool seems like an errand to me.

Anna D. said...

Tucker is a hoot! Never a dull moment with that kid!! I spent almost the whole day with him and I'm literally Tuckered out! Get it? Tuckered out? I'm just kidding, I just thought it was funny! Anyway thanks for the great day! Let me know next time you are going you are going to be in the Twilight Zone!

A

ManicMandee said...

I love that photo of Tucker! And Becca hates running errands with me too. She's just not smart enough to come up with threats like that.

Crazycozartclan said...

I just have to tell you. Dylan is so sad that this year Deklin and Tucker are not in his class. He keeps asking when we are going to switch teachers and he can go with his friends. I think they need to play together more on their days "off".

Vegas Family said...

It's a great feeling when you can finally run a few errands all alone.
Congrats to Tucker a preschool and I hope you enjoy every minute of the free time you gain this year!

Kati said...

"Maybe the policeman will find you and put you in jail"! Classic. Glad he is enjoying pee-school.

Jessica said...

I'm LOL as I'm reading your posts and my kids are wondering what's up- "Trent pulled Blythe's tooth out at Stake conference" and well, I couldn't express this thought: "your mommy didn't pay for your certain surgery, so let the kids deal with their own braces!"
JK, I'm glad my teeth are straight too;) I think our boys will cost us 4 Thou this year, Baby!
Good luck and I'm glad you'll get threat free time now.

Jessica said...

Movie conversation clarification:
(Moulan Rouge, Chicago)
Love all kinds of movies, I stay away from my own temptations.
I wished I would have said that in the moment. No judgements:)

Memzy said...

There are no bloggin clicks you silly girl. You've bee busy that's all. Listen, I'm mailing you this poo loaf just to prove it to you. Aren't you essited?

Hot Pants said...

Um wait, I need the proof first, so send me the loaf okay? I have big plans for it. I am supposed to take dinner to someone next week, so be quick about it.

Memzy said...

Sooooo, today Char kept asking if he could go see "the GOOD Tucker" and his dog Sunny. It was hard to get to him to understand the drive involved in that sorta play date. I had him draw a picture instead. Keep your eyes out for the mailman!

jenn said...

We need to do more lunches now that Tuck is in "pee-school". Soon...sound good?