Sunday, September 28, 2008

Smart Remarks: The Host


I'll make this short and sweet. For those of you who have not been introduced to this blogger you will have to check her out. Not only is she an amazing writer she is also my cousin. She's had this Smart Remarks book club going on for awhile and I am finally getting around to participating for the first time. (Due to the fact that I made her fell bad about leaving me out of her last one.)Anyhow here is my insignificant review of Stephanie Meyers THE HOST.


Not being much of an accomplished reader this very long book presented quiet the daunting task for me, 619 pgs to be exact. If any of you loyal readers remember me complaining about how frustrated I was trying to get through this book, then you know what an accomplishment this was for me to finish.


The first 150 pgs were pure torture for me. I have never read any type of sci-fi lit. and this was completely losing me and becoming a complete snoozer. Thanks to the encouragement of a few friends I persisted on and even started to like/tolerate the book as time went on.


I will say I wouldn't have recommend this book to anyone and feel that Steph could have totally made this into a shorter more concise novel. I was happy with the way it ended and enjoyed most the dialogue between Wanda & Mel. I even had a little prediction of my own come true at the end. Unlike the Twilight books I would have much rather seen the movie first.


So there is my pitiful attempt at the Smart Remarks Book Club. Now go read the for mentioned blog for a real book review.

7 comments:

Peter Priesthood said...

I personally thought the book was very spiritually uplifting.

Hot Pants said...

Your review was more interesting than the book.

Memzy said...

^^srsly.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Short & sweet is the way to go. Let's just admit that Stephenie failed us on this one.

E said...

Your review was about as long the book should have been. You are SO worthy of reviewing a Smart Remarks book, and I don't blame you for being bummed about missing the freaky book review. No pressure to play every month, just whenever you want to. Smarty pants. Hey, you have a prestigious college degree last time I checked, and mine's just from the school of Hard Knocks. Grimace.

Cristin said...

::clapping loudly:: Glad you joined!!!!

Lynt said...

Are these the vampire books everybody keeps talking about????