Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween & Sorts

You know those days when you feel like you were a good Mom and did something with your kids, you maybe didn't want to but you knew it would make your kids happy (and stop hounding you)? I DID IT! The kids have been wanting to carve their pumpkins since we bought them 4 weeks ago for FHE. We finally did it tonight for FHE. I have to admit it was fun, very messy but a lot of fun. Each of the kids picked out what they wanted to carve, and for the most part did most of the work themselves.

From left to right: Tucker-Spider, Brigg-Alien, Blythe-Skull, Hayden-NY Giants, Micah-Bat.


We washed the seeds and roasted them for our refreshment. Like I said it was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast. I have to just add this one picture of Tucker from this weekend. We went to a couple of Halloween parties on Friday and I really wanted Tucker to be a fireman. I have the cutest costume, but no Tucker had his mind set on another costume. The funny thing about this costume is it's my little brother Sam's old costume (he's 16 now). It is completely streched out, torn and covered in runs and mystery stains. He loved it though and told everyone he was a Power Ranger, "a girl on the red side and a boy on the blue side"...hum? Hopefully I can get him in his fireman costume for Halloween. Stay tuned...I'll post pictures.

10 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I know what you are saying. I let my kids carve their pumpkins the other day and felt like a really good mom for it too. Tucker looks so cute in his costume.

Emily said...

Good Mom. Did they use those stensil things that you poke the holes in, then carve? Tucker cracks me up!

Pearl Girl said...

Tucker looks so cute. But, what is his costume suposed to be?? My friends two year old made up her own costume from the dress up box, and calls herself Halloweena. I love Halloween just because kids are so cute.

Memzy said...

I made my kids to theirs out on the driveway by themselves so i could hose it down after. You can give my my "mother of the year" trophy next time I see you.

Kris said...

Those Jack-O-Lanterns look awesome! I'm very impressed! That's so cool! We haven't carved pumpkins yet this year. Ooops!! Tucker is so cute and I love how your mom saved a costume for so many years! So fun!

TimW8 said...

That was so cool what you huys did! You're never goona believe what happened to me.

Elizabeth Bailey Waite said...

You did a great job as a mother!!! Loved the picures!

Eliza said...

Two comments... thanks for the guilt trip, I totally avoided the pumpkin project some how this year. I feel sort of bad about it and yet some how not bad about it.

Next comment is how much I love how your brother Tim is all about self promoting his blog in his comments. I don't know Tim at all but he seems SOOOOOOO funny. One day I will get up the nerve to leave a message on his blog but that day is yet to come.

Andrew Waite said...

that is so funny, i totally remember sam always wearing that stupid outfit. i remember there was a mask with it too. i'll have to post pictures of my kids in their costumes.

SamtheWaite said...

anna i got a blog, check it out