Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Blythe!





I have loved all the tributes that mothers have written on their blogs on their childs birthdays, and now it's my turn. My one and only sweet baby girl turns 6 years old today. After having 3 wonderful boys you can imagine the joy I felt when I found out I was pregnant with my first girl. All my life I had wanted to be the mother of a girl. When she was born I knew right away I was going to have my work cut out for me. She has been everything I expected and more. By more I mean more drama, more pink, more tears, more hair, more ribbons, more clothes, more cuddling, more attention, more lipgloss, more dolls, and most of all more love. She is my most affectionate child. She is so loving and kind and loves to give kisses and hugs. Her dad was really hoping that she would have been born with a huge hairy mole on her face to keep all the boys away, but not so. She is a beautiful girl who instead we are going to be paying thousands of dollars to get her teeth fixed when she stops sucking her thumb. At times she thinks her life has been cursed with 4 brothers but then I remind her how lucky she is that she gets to be Mom's most favorite daughter. I love you Blythe and wish you a most wonderful birthday. You make me happy!

7 comments:

Kris said...

What a sweet little girl. How fun to have one favorite daughter! She is lucky to be surrounded by all those brothers. Someday she will see the benefits!!

Pearl Girl said...

Cute post Anna, I too have had SO much fun with one daughter. She has said if this baby is a boy that would still be cool, because she wouldn't have to share me with a sister. She loves the mommy daughter stuff we do.

Well I tagged you on my blog you'll have to check it out

Elizabeth Bailey Waite said...

I'm so happy that you brought our darling Blythe to this earth!! She has been such a joy in our lives!! Have the best birthday ever Blythe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Happy birthday Blythe from your favorite aunt!! I miss you! I hope you have a great day!

TimW8 said...

Happy Birthday Blythe,
Congrats on your 16th Birthday! Did your folks get you a fancy CAR for your big day? Check out my Tribute to you.
Love,
Your Favorite Uncle

ManicMandee said...

Blythe,

Happy Birthday! Aunt Lucy loves you like crazy!

Dalana and Mark said...

Anna ~ Happy B-day to your sweet Blythe. I have heard lots about this girl, from Amanda and Amy (all good stuff). I think our kids are all pretty similar in age order and gender. My daughter Ella will be 6 in December and I think we both have 12 year old boys. Both of our babies are boys too. Anyway, I love to check in on your blog (hopefully that's okay).